Saturday, March 24, 2012

Surprise! Happy Birthday!

We decided to celebrate my birthday early this year because Paul was going to have to work. I also have had no ideas as to what to get for my birthday. One day I was talking to my step-mom and she said that one thing that she use to do with her daughters is take an amount of money and just spend the day at the mall going shopping eating out and just having a great time. I really liked this idea and so I told Paul he could get me a few things off my amazon.com wishlist but what I really wanted was to go shopping. So, he planned a shopping trip for me to what I thought was going to be Salt Lake City. He planned it so well that I had it in my mind that I was going to be having a great weekend in Salt Lake City, Ut while my sister Sarah watched Braiden and I went shopping with Paul.
On March 20, we celebrated my birthday with our family and a few friends and we had cake ice cream and a few presents. I mostly got money that I could use for my shopping extravaganza and We got a new camera!





The next morning as we were getting packed up I kept telling Paul that  we didn't need this and we didn't need that and then about 10 min before we left to go to the store to get some last min things, he comes in and says, "Marianne, I have one more present for you, we aren't going to Salt Lake, I made reservations for a cabin in Jackson Hole, Wy!" I was like you're kidding, right? and he said are you disappointed and I said no, maybe a little. I was so happy and excited after I thought about it and I was so proud of him for surprising me so well and even including my sister in on it! He really did a great job of planning and we had a great vacation and Braiden got to come with us! it was so much fun!












1 comment:

  1. Ha when you were telling us you were going to Salt Lake, Matt later asked me, "I wonder when Paul is going to tell her that, that is not the plan at all." I am so happy you had fun, that sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete